The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Other Things...

File this one under "Miscellaneous". It's the leftovers.

The stuff that I wanted to blog about, but it's not really long enough to do a full post by itself. Come ramble with me.

I talked to my ex about the grocery issue at his place. I waited a full week to do it, because I specifically didn't want to lose my temper. So when he dropped them off, I walked him back out the porch and asked if he had a minute to discuss an issue about the kids.

"Sure," he said.

So I started slowly. I let him know that I'd been privy to a couple conversations that were of concern to me. That the children seemed to believe that there was an inadequate amount of food for them when they were at his house and that I wasn't sure if they'd said anything to him or if he was even aware of the issue.

He looked a little sheepish and said "I'll try to do better." I told him I wasn't trying to pick on him, that I'd fully expect that if he had information that I wasn't feeding the children enough that it was his responsibility to discuss the matter with me and to help rectify it. To which he replied, "Stop nagging me, I said I'd do better."

It was clear further discussion wasn't going to be fruitful, so I told him I hoped he understood that it was an issue I wasn't likely to let lie and left it at that.

Consequently, we're on wait and see mode.

Speaking of "nagging", [Kid 3] has been after me to get some kind of snack for her to take to school and share with her friends. I'd decided I would make some chocolate chip cookies for her to take in, but one thing led to another and this past Saturday was a...well...a bad day (a.k.a. careening trainwreck). I was pulled this way and that and had not a moment.

Anyway, her stepfather, ever sweet man that he is, took care of baking the cookies for her class whilst I was out running errands. She took them this morning, full of pride that D baked them for her and I hope she and her class thoroughly enjoyed them. (Having sampled the wares, I can tell you they were quite yummy!)

I spent the better part of yesterday in the kitchen cooking up a gigantic pot of homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs and Italian sausage (enough for three full meals, plus leftovers), an apple cobbler and a Boston Cream Pie.

Nate, D and [Kid 2] headed out Friday night to a midnight movie at our local theatre. A big screen showing of TEAM AMERICA, that has all of them chuckling still. I'm glad they all had a good time. I had hoped that [Kid 1] might want to go along, but after work, she discovered some bad news about a friend that had her tied up on an emotional roller coaster for hours. She was definitely in no mood for something like TEAM AMERICA.

"House of Skank" (which is our name for Bret Michaels' 'Rock of Love') is down to the final two contestants. I had, honestly, intended just to watch the first episode to see what kind of women would be on this show. Believe it, or not, it's kind of Flavor Flav, but skankier. Hard to believe, huh?

Anyway, it's been rolling for weeks now and I've caught every episode. Mostly because of this evil, manipulative, lying bitch, named Lacey. And, well, if you HAVEN'T been watching along (and I'm hard pressed to figure out how much shame I need to have to look away), she got voted out last weekend.

To that I give a resounding and hearty YIPPEE!! I really am looking forward to the last episode next week...

but even moreso, to the first episode of the new season of HEROES next Monday!! Now, if that can hold me over until THE SHIELD starts its final season early next year, I should be okay. But I'm still waiting for the the DEADWOOD movies. Milch? Milch? Anybody? Anybody?

Have had some fun roleplaying in D's world with Nate and (occasionally) with my older girls. Still pretty green at it, but it's a lot of fun!

Other than that, hoping to get a couple small day trips lined up for October/November. Mostly to see the fall colors.

Most of the rest of my free time (::snort:: and ::guffaw::) is filled with Magic The Gathering and WAY too much time on GAIA (a website my kids frequent that has completely sucked me in!), although I got a little time in last night kickin' butt on a board game called 'Littlest Pet Shop'.

Okay, that's about all the rambling I can do today. Clearly, I've reached the legal limit anyway! Hoping things in all of your respective worlds are good...

*Lisa, enjoy the fall weather and best of luck finding something soon.
*Mark, I hope the new job works out better than the old one...or the one you passed on.
*Nate (who's rockin' it undercover these days), crossing my fingers for you tomorrow!!
*Mike N., my apologies for the chasm of silence between us. I haven't emailed in ages and sorely miss chatting with you.
*Em, let me know when you'll be in the states...and if there's any change in your plans that has you heading this way, I'll be delighted to put you up.
*Tony, hoping things for you and Kathy are going well.
*Darling D, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the love in your eyes as you were watching the kids playing yesterday. Every day, I know how very lucky I am. Thank you for showing me in so many delightful ways! I love you!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, T. What happened? D step away from the computer for a minute^_^?
I'd be nice to hear from you more often, maybe you can't do 6 posts a day, but more would be nice.
Kathy says we're fine.
P.S. How much longer do I have to wait before I can come back down?

Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

9/17/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SW,
I'm still in there plugging away. I figure something has to happen soon, right? I hope, anyway. Thanks for the well wishes on behalf of myself and my better half.

9/18/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Tony -

Heh. Yeah, he figured if he didn't step away from the computer, my head was gonna explode! Luckily, I'm a pretty fast typist, and had thought through most of it already.

I'll try to do better about posting more regularly. Cross my heart.

As for a visit, the calendar is pretty crazy right now, so I couldn't really say. Working on a couple road trips (one to Indiana) and checking out some colleges with [Kid 2]. Like everything else, I'm playing that stuff by ear. If I see a free weekend on the horizon, I'll let you know.

Give Kathy a hug for me!

Lisa -

Keep us posted, Kiddo!! We're all pulling for you both! (P.S. - Thanks for the emails. I appreciate the support!)

9/19/2007 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you going to in Indiana, may I ask?

Tony C.

9/19/2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

I'll send you an email, Tony. I'd rather inquiring minds (aka, nosy bee-yotches) didn't know ALL my business, if you know what I mean...

9/20/2007 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home