The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Simply Amazing...

So, last night, [Kid 1]'s Brownie troop was having an award ceremony and pot luck dinner. ([Kid 1] got like a gazillion badges, by the way.)

Bunnyman had to work late, and my two older girls were bored to tears at the thought of a Brownie award ceremony and potluck dinner, so [Kid 1] grabbed up a big pan of baked beans I'd made and headed over to the school, where we met her dad.

It got started a little late, but all the girls had a great time and were completely adorable in their little uniforms. After the ceremony, the kids were to drag their parents through the buffet line and load up on all good chow there. (As a side note, I'm not sure who made the sour cream and cheddar mashed potatoes, but they were THE BOMB!)

Couldn't get more Middle-Class American than that, huh? So we sit with one of [Kid 1]'s friends and we're chatting amongst ourselves and I look up and see them.

You can't mistake this couple if you know them, so I knew, immediately, that it was national celeb time.

Sure, yeah, we're talking Reality TV National Celeb Time, but still...

If you are a fan of AMAZING RACE 12, I'm sure you'll know them, too.




They are Kynt & Vyxsin. And they're anything BUT Middle-Class American. So...you know...they kinda stood out a little.

I found it very amusing watching the parents look on in horror at this very non-traditional couple, as their kids were thinking it was pretty cool. Because my eldest child NEVER misses this couple on TV, I knew exactly who they were, and I immediately shared that with [Kid 3].

Now, [Kid 3] has seen her sister get all gothed out, so dressing to attract attention in this regard is not a shocker for her. But having "tv stars" at her Brownie potluck kind of was. Her friend knew who they were from watching the show and it wasn't long before that information had circulated throughout the group.

Ironically, parents (many of the same ones who had looked in disbelief initially) started asking to take pictures with them and Kynt was signing autographs. I called [Kid 1] and let her know they were there and she walked/ran the mile to get there to see them (and have her picture taken with them). It's on her cellphone, or I'd share it here.

Before [Kid 1] could get there, [Kid 3] really wanted to meet them. She was incredibly shy and asked me if I'd take her up to talk to them. So, once the mob had thinned a little, we did. I gotta say they seemed to really be enjoying their celebrity (not a surprise), but they also seemed to be such sweet people. Talking about what a fabulous opportunity this was for them and how much they really enjoyed seeing the world. As you'd imagine, the hardest part is keeping the secrets they are contractually obligated to keep.

Anyway, it made for an interesting evening for sure. [Kid 1] said, "Well, if there's a party going on anywhere in town, Kynt & Vyxsin know where it's at!". I suppose that even applies to a Brownie potluck.

I know that hiding your jealousy will be difficult. Do your best.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

[Kid1] is in brownies?

I did not know that...

12/02/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

She picked up the pan of beans with such seemingly dire purpose, it seemed, I was waiting to see who she was going to throw them at. I thought Kids 2 & 3 were doomed to soon to be franks.

Having never seen any more of any season of Amazing Race than a flash while passing by a channel during a surf, I would have simply been wondering why the punk-goth elves were at a Brownie function.

12/23/2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

seemingly seemed... oy vey. Where's my farkin' editor?! Someone wake the bastich up!

12/23/2007 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home