The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Overture, Curtains, Lights...

This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it!


Somewhere...even now...a decrepid version of Bugs Bunny (though he's drawn really well for his age) is dialing his lawyer with those seriously oversized paws of his. Oh, well, whatcha gonna do?

In honor of tonight's kick off of AMERICAN IDOL - SEASON 7, I had a couple things I wanted to pass along.

My hubby noted (several times last season), that if when Mandisa recorded an album he'd be buying it for sure. Well, guess what I found? That's right, Baby. A Mandisa album. Only one catch, though, apparently, her professional forte' is gospel. Tricky, huh, as gospel isn't exactly your favorite kinda music. Still on the list? or you think you can resist?

Uh...oh wait...it was Lakisha, not Mandisa...and Lakisha doesn't have an album out yet.

Never mind. My bad.

Also in my bag o' goodies is this link to a Where Are They Now type site, featuring many past Idol contestants. While some (go Jennifer Hudson) have skyrocketed, others (Constantine Maroulis) have definitely exhausted their 15 minutes. For the insatiable Idol fans, you will also find links there to Biggest Idol Scandals and Worst Idol Performances, etc. Bath in it. Let your fingers get all pruny with it.

In any event, despite the fact that I am getting no kick-back of any kind to promote this show, I just wanted to pass along that tonight is a two hour audition show, starting at 8PM (Eastern time, bitches) and then there will be two more hours of that stuff tomorrow night.

As I have some errands later, it's questionable whether I'll catch the entire show tonight. Also, I'm thinking I'll be watching alone in the back room. Otherwise, the uninitiated Nate will be looking for a sharp instrument with which to puncture his eardrums.

And we wouldn't want that, would we?

But for me...drunk Paula, Randy Jackon's "Dawg Pound" and Simon's name-calling, along with all the music...I...I can't believe it's finally here again!!

::sniff:: ::sniff::

2 Comments:

Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

I have watched a grand total of 10 minutes of American Idol since it's inception. I hope to hold strong to that record!

1/15/2008 6:38 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

As they type of music and performers they're ideally aiming for isn't anything I'd be interested in listening to the only episodes we watch are the initial try-outs, as we're mainly interested in the freak show element. I know at least a few of the winners have gone on to multiple albums and great success, but all of that has not impacted on my life in any fashion I'm aware of. They wouldn't be played on any station I'd listen to. I couldn't pick a Kelly Clarkson out of a line-up, nor could I name one song of hers.

All that said, my wife had the first two episodes on this week, and both times I watched with some amusement but drifted off to sleep well before the first hour was up. The bits I miss but am interested in are easily found on YouTube the next day anyway.

1/20/2008 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home