The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Why Can't I Finish This Post??? (or Wii Wish You a Merry Christmas)

I've been working on this thing for days (which translates to wii bowling, tennis and cooking) and can't seem to reign it in (plus my arms/hands are tired). That said, I'm trimming here and there (and not looking at the wii) and posting the fricken fracken thing now. Tired of it (and need to get back to the wii)!!

Our hi-tech Christmas behind us, the decorations now boxed up and stored (once again) in the basement, I wanted to share a few things as I look back over 2007 and forward into 2008.

And lest I forget, many thanks to all our generous friends who have helped make this holiday season brighter for me, D and the kidz. You guys are the best. O' course I tell ya that all the time, don't I?

Now, first, if you want more of those old school computer pics, here's a link. I ran across them and it's too close to a walk down memory lane for comfort. Maybe you guys are braver than I am. They've got some good ones, though.

I gotta say that 2007 has been a pretty good year for me. At the top of that list, my wedding last spring. Marrying D was something I did hesitantly. Not because I wasn't in love with him and vice versa, or didn't think he'd be a wonderful stepfather to my girls, but because I wasn't sure of myself.

In addition to the mounds of unconditional love, respect, support, PATIENCE and understanding he gives me, he makes me see that there is nothing I cannot do. Every single day. And believe me, there are days I need a LOT of propping up. While he doesn't always come off that way around the blogosphere, he is a genuinely nice guy with a huge heart of gold. I'm incredibly lucky to know him...even luckier to call him mine.

My eldest daughter graduated from high school (which was dicey there towards the end) and has started her freshman year at our local university. Sometimes the parallels between her life at this period and mine are entirely too real for me, but I'm happy for her, as she embarks on this part of her life, and I'm helping her as much as she'll let me. It's almost like watching her take those first baby steps nearly 17 years ago. I want her to succeed, but I'm so afraid she'll falter. I really am looking forward, though, to seeing where life takes her.

In 2007, my middle daughter got braces. A procedure we'd put off far too long for financial reasons, I'm happy to finally have this work in process. She's expected to be finished before she starts college. Cross your fingers.

We tricked Nate into moving here. We're bad like that, but we're working on it. He's been a delightful addition and has been a huge help with many, many things. Plus, also, he bought us a wii for Christmas. What's not to love?

A few bullets dodged in 2007, both of my parents' health not the least of that list. But, let's just say I'm grateful for the unexploded grenades in my life and move on.

Looking forward, I wish for peace. In my own life, as well as in the world. I wish for a national election that I can stomach. I wish for stability in my own career and in the lives of my family. I wish for the continued good health of those I hold dear. I wish for happiness for my own family and for all those I hold in my heart. Also, if it's not too much to ask, a winning lottery ticket would be good, too.

All of that said, I wanted to pass along a few links to kick off the new year.

Things like a Top Ten Worst Realtor Photo list, funny portrait studio photos with inserted captions, a weird converter that will help you learn that a male polar bear weighs as much as nine Jennifer Anniston's, or this list of amazing coincidences may be entertaining, but, believe me, I've got more.

Some of the more "helpful" links include Death Switch which is an automated system that basically ensures that passwords, bank accounts, and/or other information that may be of help to surviving loved ones is available to them, in the event of your untimely demise. Also good for that deathbed secret. Be sure you check in when prompted, though. Whew, the potential for pandemonium if you don't is outrageous. In fact, this could be a weekly reality show...

Also, here’s a link that includes 17 home remedies for bites, aches and burns. The bites aren’t likely a big problem this time of year, but the aches will make up for that. With everyone on a pretty limited budget, I thought this list could come in somewhat handy.

Are you one of the many who have to squish your sandwich to get a ball-shaped lunch? (And don't even THINK about what happens when you bring SOUP!!!)

Well, no more, now you can get Lunchballz and save yourself the trouble. A full course meal all in one convenient (and downright fun) package! Plus it's BALL SHAPED!! And didn't someone once say that round was a pretty fun shape?

Inside the ball is a protein layer, a vegetable layer, a snack layer, a dessert layer and a beverage center. MMMMM, MMMMM!!

You probably have your own list (I know I do!), but in case you need some help, Bill Maher has thrown together a list of the Biggest Dickheads of the Year. Also, the Judicial Watch's List of the Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians includes far too many presidential candidates for my comfort zone. Sad, really.

The one for Tony Collett, is called Darth Vader on Acid. An art project whereby Darth Vader helmets are used as an art canvas.

Some of them really are pretty cool. So check them out if you have a minute or two.

Now, go out into the bright new year and make it a good one!! It's still fresh and everything, so try not to get a bunch of poo on it.

That goes especially for any of you folks who are in Iowa...

1 Comments:

Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

The photo link? Hilarious! And ghastly like most of the childhood photos my mom has of me and my sister!

1/07/2008 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home