The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

N'yuck N'yuck N'yuck...



You may have already seen this...um...political poster. (I'm always at the tail end of these things.) It was distributed around my office today by my friend the republican architect. Two things jumped out at me immediately.

First (probably because I'm "chick-like" in my power) was that it was kinda sad that Hillary got stuck with the Larry hair...but I suppose it coulda been worse, given the alternatives.

Second was that John McCain had been cast in the role of Curly/Shemp/Curly Joe (it's so hard to tell, you know?), while Barack Obama had been given the role of Moe Howard. Sure a stooge is a stooge, but when it comes to these particular guys, Moe is BY FAR the brains of the operation, as well as the clear leader of the group. Probably doesn't mean anything in the context of the photo. I just thought it was interesting (considering that any of them could have been put in any of the positions equally) that Obama had been cast as "Moe".

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

I think the insults to Larry and Curly (or is it Shemp or Curly Joe?) are unforgiveable. I do, however, applaud the compliment paid to Barack by casting him as Moe.

He SHOULD be Moe. I could vote FOR a candidate if he was running for Moe.

4/09/2008 6:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Then I'm the second last person to see this. It's so perfect! Except if Obama were Curly (come now, does no one know the difference among Curly, Curly Joe and Shemp?) somebody would call it racist.

Clearly the one with the brains is Bill RIchardson, who was one of the few candidates who knew when to cut his losses and leave. Hey, he even sort of looks like Moe...

4/16/2008 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home