The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ssssssssssssssssssss!

No, I'm not hissing at you. Well, not at most of you. I have been tagged by fellow blogger and friend, Your Girl Friday, for a little meme action. Check her blog for the set up.

For the purposes of this exercise, I've been entrusted with the letter "S". Let's see how much damage I can do to the alphabet. Shall we?

In no particular order, here are (10) "S" things:

Steel Magnolias - My alltime favorite movie quote came from this movie. Shirley Maclaine was talking to Sally Fields about her husband and said, "I'll bet he's a real gentleman. He probably takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it."

Silk and Satin - I'm counting these two as one, because they are here for the same reason. Tactile sensation. And that's all I'm saying about that.

Sign Language - In addition to the "French I took", I used to take Sign Language classes. Once upon a time, when I was in college on a teaching scholarship, I had planned to teach deaf children. That's before this next "S" turned my head.

Sociology - My major for most of my "college career". Other than Art History, it's likely the least employable major you can take. However, studying people has always been a passion of mine, and the thought of getting a research job in that field (and getting paid for it) appealed to me greatly. Construction certainly has it's crossover.

Supergirlfriend/Superfiancee/Superwife - What can I say? I'm married to the sweetest man in the world!

Sword of Shannara - Bunnyman will be looking for the divorce lawyer now. When I was young and impressionable, my (then) boyfriend introduced me to this Terry Brooks series. I've since read much better prose, but I cut my teeth on this stuff and there's a little sentimental tug when I think about it.

Saturday - Unlike YGF, this is MY favorite day of the week. I still have what feels like a WHOLE weekend ahead, and the stench that is work behind. While Saturday morning cartoons have kinda been screwed, Saturday night's all right for fighting, and there's Saturdays in the Park.

Sex - You knew it had to show up on this list. My grandmother used to say "Superwife {she didn't actually call me that, but it was close}, do you know why I have six kids?" And when I indicated that I did not, she replied, without nary a hesitation, "because I really like sex." Me and grandma, we have a few things in common.

Scylla and Charybdis - My previous address...though I do still drop in for a visit from time to time.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - As a child, I always aspired to be able to spell this non-word. After seeing CINDERELLA at the theatre when I was 7, this word always presented a challenge to me. I'd like to say I didn't look up the spelling when I was working on this post, but I did. I was only off one letter though. Fricken Fracken Rashen Frashen word!!

Oh, and while they aren't there, Snakes on a Plane (or pretty much anywhere else) freak me right out!! ::shiver::

A couple other fellow bloggers have been tagged with the letters "P" and "R", but if you wanna play along and haven't been tagged, let me know and I guess can put on a ranger hat and tag you my own damn self.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to your headline, I'd like to borrow from Fark and say "Dirk Benedict unavailable for comment".
And Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came from MARY POPPINS, not CINDERELLA. I'll share a memory here to pay for that internet nitpick: in 2nd grade around the time of one of POPPINS' rereleases, in class for spelling we could pick 5 words of our to spell for the test on Friday. One of them was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Another was asphyxiation after a baseball player killed himself that way and someone brought in the newspaper article.

Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

6/03/2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Ah, Hell! Did I say Cinderella? Yeah, huh. Well, as soon as I read your comment, I had to re-read my post. Because, OF COURSE I know that Mary Poppins sang that song. My brain was simply off somewhere thinking up other "S" words. Like...simpleminded, stupid and senile.

6/03/2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Ok, Tony caught that one... nice catch Tony.

I was gonna SAY...

(Senile sounds a bout right...)

6/04/2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

I don't need any help there, Whipper Snapper!

6/04/2007 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home